Sceptre Leisure is teaming up with German firm Gauselmann Group and its UK subsidiary Blueprint Gaming to develop a digital gaming system for the British pub market.
AIM-listed Sceptre, which already operates about 22,000 machines nationally, will be exclusive supplier of Gauselmann gaming hardware to UK pubs. Blueprint, meanwhile, will provide the underlying software and game content.
“The digital market in pubs within the UK has been slow to develop due to a lack of suitable product,” said Sceptre. “However, the dynamics in the predominantly reel-based supply side of the market are changing, creating growing demand for digital content and in turn an opportunity for successful digital product suppliers to succeed. The Gauselmann group has first-hand experience of such an evolution, and was instrumental in managing the migration from reel-based gaming to digital in their domestic market.”
Added Jürgen Stühmeyer, a Gauselmann board member: “With Sceptre’s market presence, our hardware, and content from Blueprint, we believe that we can drive the progression of digital product in the UK. For some time we have been seeking the ideal partner, and we believe that with Sceptre we have acreated the right combination to lead and develop the undoubted digital opportunity in the UK pub market.”
It has been speculated that the new system may be launched at the IMA and ICE expos in January, possibly via another Gauselmann subsidiary, Merkur Gaming.
- SG Gaming announces updates to Category C games
- Talarius selected for prestigious accolade at t...
- Embed Systems at Al Montazah Park, Sharjah-UAE
- TAB announces addition of social features to Fu...
- APEX gaming
- AMATIC INDUSTRIES – INTRODUCING AMATIC NOW!
- GeWeTe looks back at successful ENADA Rimini
- CPI Exhibits Unified Product Portfolio at ENADA...
- Verdant sees massive growth in family fun
- Incredible demand for NAM-GEAR 7 PLUS